robcole.com Forum
March 28, 2024, 11:19:42 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Customizing Tagsets

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Customizing Tagsets  (Read 1899 times)
BillaVista

View Profile
« on: January 13, 2012, 05:02:50 pm »

Great news Rob!

It works and is surprisingly easy once you get the hang of it.

The trick for me was experimenting and discovering that the MyMetadataTagsets_ManuallyGenerated(EditAtWill).lua file ignores extra carriage returns so that I could "format" it by putting in line breaks after each item so the syntax was much more easily read.

After that it was a lot of trial-and error to discover what data I liked and where I wanted it displayed.

Personally, I found that the manufacturer specific tags were most specific / accurate / precise (but obviously don't work across different camera brands). My next choices in order were ExifIFD_ items followed by Adobe items. From my experimentation I found it best to avoid the composite_ and XMPexif_ items if there was another choice for the same item, but I've no rhyme or reason why - just what I discovered with experimentation and according to me needs / taste.

In the end, I edited the  two sets into one labelled "Nikon" for use when viewing my photos and populated it with a majority of Nikon_ items where they were available (I only have the one camera, a Nikon D5100), and set two I named "Generic" for use in viewing all other photos, populating it with a preponderance of ExifIFD_ and some Composite_ items.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum