robcole.com Forum
March 29, 2024, 08:39:48 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

UserComments tag not updating when exporting image

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: UserComments tag not updating when exporting image  (Read 734 times)
sweetrobot

View Profile
« on: June 30, 2011, 05:38:08 pm »

Hi!

I have an issue with updating the UserComment (and XPComment) fields.

For example, when I import a photo with data in either filed, it will show the tag data in LR. However, if I modify the tag data in LR, and export, the exported tag data contains the original tag data, and not the data I had entered in LR. I have made sure to commit/ save the meta before exporting.

When I use ExifTool GUI and edit the User Comments field under exif, the changes are committed, and saved as expected.

Since I am using the same exiftool executable for both, it means I'm likely doing somethign wrong when using the RC exif plugin in LR.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

areohbee
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2011, 12:22:54 pm »

ExifMeta does not support editing of exif metadata, only displaying it in library panel and searching via library filters and smart collections.

I *think* exiftool or the like is only way to change those things - not otherwise changeable in Lightroom.
Report Spam   Logged
sweetrobot

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2011, 10:20:45 pm »

Good to know! Thank you!
Report Spam   Logged
areohbee
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2011, 12:39:53 am »

Sorry for the confusion - I've been sloppy about making non-editable/non-writable fields read-only, which they should be. I just released ExifMeta 3.4.2 whose fields are read-only to eliminate that confusion - thanks for pointing this out.

(the big block still needs to be "editable" even thought its not really - long story...)
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum