robcole.com Forum
March 28, 2024, 05:41:16 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

It ain't workin' for raw files.

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: It ain't workin' for raw files.  (Read 2144 times)
alanterra

View Profile
« on: August 25, 2011, 12:51:02 am »

As just one example, I use the title field as a unique identifier for my photos (so photos with various names are all united as "the same" photo). This is the suggested use for the title field in Adobe's xmp specification. (see the screen grabs above for the title values that I use).

However, Adobe does not allow a column in the metadata selection panel for title, nor does it allow sorting by title, both of which would be very useful to me.

When I set the title field, it is written into the xmp sidecar for all my raw files. So, to your plug-in, my raw files appear to not have a title field. This means that I cannot search, nor sort, the title field in my raw files using your plugin. If I was using dng files (and so not using sidecars) it would work fine. Using LR's built-in tools it works fine, because LR consults the xmp sidecar files for raw files. However, even though your plugin offers features I would love to have, I can't use it because it doesn't see the title field for most of my files.

Does this make it clear?

Best

A
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 12:52:53 am by alanterra » Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum