robcole.com Forum
April 19, 2024, 09:47:04 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Plans for LR4?

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Plans for LR4?  (Read 1447 times)
jvradelis

View Profile
« on: March 10, 2012, 08:22:39 am »

I trust you're planning to update ExifMeta for LR4.  I've really come to rely on this plugin and don't know how I'd do without it.  I've upgraded to LR4 but without ExifMeta, it's been something of a step backwards for me. 

If there's anything I can do to help that along, let me know.  I can certainly test new code and even write a little lua in a pinch.

Thanks for the great plugin.

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

areohbee
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2012, 04:59:15 pm »

I'm using ExifMeta with Lr4 without any problems (win7/64), although I'm aware some others are having problems. If you could identify the OS and brief description of your trouble it would be helpful.
Report Spam   Logged
jvradelis

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2012, 05:50:46 pm »

I'm running Lion on a Mac mini.  I let LR4 update my LR3 catalog. I then added and enabled exifMeta in LR4. 

I've noticed several issues.  First, when I start LR with exifMeta enabled, I get an error message that it had a problem "when attempting to change modules" and then LR starts with no module selected.  If I click on Library then, it becomes selected and LR behaves as expected.

Second, when I look at the configuration panel for exifMeta in the Plugin Manager, none of my fields are selected.  (I can see the fields I had previously selected in LR3 in the LR4 metadata panel, though.)  If I try to select one in the Plugin Manager, I get the following error message:  "RC ExifMeta has encountered a problem.   Error message:  ...Plugin_3.8.6/ExifMeta.lrplugin/./ExtendedManager.lua:208:  attempt to index local 'name' (a boolean value).   Please report this problem..."

And when I import a new photo, the exifMeta fields don't get filled in.  (I usually keep autoupdate turned on, but same thing if I explicitly update a photo).

I've looked at the logs, but I didn't see anything obvious.

« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 05:59:42 pm by jvradelis » Report Spam   Logged
areohbee
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2012, 05:55:30 pm »

Thanks - I'll try to fix this ASAP. Unfortunately, Adobe has not released the Lr4 SDK yet, so us plugin makers are sorta working in the dark Wink
Report Spam   Logged
jvradelis

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2012, 06:00:40 pm »

Thanks.  As I said, let me know if I can help on my end.
Report Spam   Logged
jvradelis

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2012, 08:45:57 am »

Some new info.

I went back and tried exifMeta in LR3 again and noticed that I get the error trying to choose a field there, too, with 3.8.6. 

So I uninstalled exifMeta and reinstalled exifMeta 3.8.5 and started clean.  Now the field selection works in both LR3 and LR4 with 3.8.5, and I can update photos with the selected fields.  So the field selection seems to be a problem with 3.8.6, not LR4.

I still get the error on start up about trying to change modules and I have to select Library manually to get going, but once i do, 3.8.5 otherwise seems to work in LR4.

Report Spam   Logged
jvradelis

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2012, 11:52:19 am »

A little more data.  For what it's worth, the system log shows the following when I start up LR4 with exifMeta enabled but not otherwise:

Mar 16 12:43:04 demeter Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4[29138]: Failed to restore first responder (message was inputContext)
Mar 16 12:43:05: --- last message repeated 5 times ---
Mar 16 12:43:05 demeter Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4[29138]: CFURLCreateWithBytes was passed these invalid URLBytes: '/Applications/Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4.app/Contents/Frameworks' (a file system path instead of an URL string). The URL created will not work with most file URL functions. CFURLCreateFromFileSystemRepresentation should be used instead.
Report Spam   Logged
areohbee
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2012, 03:52:13 am »

I have released ExifMeta 4.0 for Lr4.0. Please let me know if any problems...
Report Spam   Logged
jvradelis

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2012, 03:13:32 pm »

Excellent.  Will install it tonight.  Thanks, Rob.

[Later that very same day....]

Working great.  I'm back in business.  Thanks again.

« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 10:13:19 pm by jvradelis » Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum