robcole.com Forum
April 19, 2024, 09:19:11 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

ExifMeta—Status: This plug-in is currently disabled…

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ExifMeta—Status: This plug-in is currently disabled…  (Read 1442 times)
areohbee
Administrator

View Profile
« on: December 16, 2014, 04:06:01 am »

Thanks.

I'm not sure how it got into the whacky state - it seems like you attempted to do an update without these steps preceding:

* commit
* reload.

If you did those steps, then it's gotten into a funky way somehow. If you did not, then that's the problem.

Commit re-writes plugin files based on changed preferences, and those changed plugin files need to be reloaded - that's pretty-much how it works.

It shouldn't become disabled though, which is a concern to me. Anyway, if you do configure, commit, reload, and update, and still have a problem, one way to start over is to clear preferences and reload - to do so, enable advanced debugging (debug section) and reload - you'll see a button 'Clear Prefs' (preset manager section) - click it and choose to clear all prefs, then reload the plugin. At that point you can re-set-up armed with your new knowledge and hopefully have better luck.

PS - Regarding the disabling should it continue - the diagnostic info is not quite what I need to see (not your fault, it's a bit complicated..), save diagnostic info as before (if present when plugin disabled), then click the reload button again, and if still disabled and diagnostic info present, re-save with a different filename and send me both - sorry for the hassle..

Also, please enable verbose logging until this problem is resolved (top section of plugin manager), that way when you send it next time it'll have more useful info in it. But best not to update too many files before sending it, or else it will be huge! - thanks. Posting here or sending direct to me - either is fine.

Rob

Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum